Become an Underwriter?
smart marketing! Public radio listeners have higher incomes, are better
educated and are far more likely to be heads of households - the very
people most business want to reach! And WFSS listeners really listen.
They know who the underwriters are and support them.
Underwriting on WFSS 91.9 FM places your business or organization in a
unique position by separating your name from the clutter inherent in
commercial advertising. Furthermore, WFSS allows you the freedom to
select the program that will most effectively target the segment of the
market you wish to reach. When asked to name companies that support NPR,
the majority of listeners recall at least one.
WFSS’s coverage area includes nearly thirteen counties in Fayetteville,
Lumberton, Elizabethtown, Dunn, Clinton,
Goldsboro and Benson. Please see our
for more details.
Benefits of Underwriting
- An effective
complement to ongoing advertising, public relations, and marketing
- A distinctive alternative to commercial
advertising that will enhance your corporate image, product
positioning and public awareness
- Association with WFSS programming strengthens
public perception of your company’s commitment to the community and
the quality of its products and services.
- Seventy percent of public radio’s listeners
say that a company’s support of public radio has a positive
influence on their decision to purchase that company’s products and
- Broadcast Power at 100,000
- Broadcast to 13 counties throughout the North
- WFSS is an affiliate of National Public Radio
(NPR) and provides local news and information, jazz, African, Latin,
and Gospel music
- Web-streaming around the world via
- Largest supporter of non-profit organizations in the Sandhills